Oh, hello there :)
I'm a theoretical phonologist who worries too much about melodic representation. I'm doing a PhD at UCL, where I research laryngeal contrast in nasals and on Welsh phonology (especially quantity and mutation), and teach on some introductory linguistics courses. Sometimes I also do other linguisticy things, like working on auxiliary deletion or minority languages.
When I'm not doing linguistics I enjoy writing software, advocating green politics, cycling, theology, exploring the great outdoors, reading Thoreau, carving spoons, cooking, and Tai Chi Chuan. It is one of my personal dreams to spend a year or two in a little hut by the beach, preferably in Catalonia or South America, wearing a panama hat with a hole, drinking too much cheap rose and writing bad poetry.
- Mar '16: Been recommended for award of Associate Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy (:
- Feb '16: Had successful ankle hardware removal surgery. No more beeping at the airport!
- Jan '16: Been confirmed in the Catholic Church. You may call me Maximilian-Peter.
- Nov '15: Presented on Welsh Auxiliary Deletion at Donders Discussions in Nijmegen
- Sep '15: Presented on Headedness in Nasals at the 45th Poznan Linguistic Meeting
- Sep '15: Presented on Welsh Initial Consonant Mutations at the LAGB Annual Meeting